907 FRANKLIN HISTORY
907 Franklin was built in 1867 as a church, St. John's Evangelical and Reformed. In 1968 the church moved to a new location. 907 became the Canterbury Theater once the church moved and was a Michigan City staple for many years. After 30 years of vacancy, a couple bought the building in 2012 and made it into an event space named The Uptown Center. Since then there have been countless weddings & events held within these walls. In February 2020, Tim Enright & Ashley LoMaglio purchased the building and decided to completely renovate it. The building was restored in some places to look more like the original church, and modernized as needed. It is now a beautiful combination of history and current style.